Follow me as I give you daily P90X reviews and a P90X diary. I will give you lots of insight into P90X, P90X schedule, interesting tips and facts while exercising, and lots of good information about the workouts, nutrition, and much more! My P90X reviews and diary shows my progress as Tony Horton tries to kick me into shape!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

P90X on its way

I just checked the UPS website to see the status of my order and it's on its way! It'll hopefully come just before Thanksgiving so I can still eat a big Thanksgiving meal and work it all off later. I know it's probably against the diet but Thanksgiving is only once a year and is my favorite holiday. So, after that I'll push myself back on the stricter diet. I'll go into my diet on another day once I receive the Nutrition Guide and see what it recommends compared to what I'm currently eating.

I've already begun to prepare for the equipment needed for P90X. I went to Dick's Sporting Goods near me and bought a pull-up bar and a yoga mat. There are two main types of pull-up bars. One is the type that goes in between a doorway and expands to the width of the doorway. The other type goes over the doorway and is the one they sell on the beachbody.com website. I bought the one that you have to install within the door frame and I'm not particularly thrilled with it. First, you need to screw the brackets into the wall for it to be sturdy so you need to put holes in the wall. Second, I don't have much ceiling space and, therefore, I can't stand up very tall while hanging and I also can't get very high above it without hitting my head on the ceiling. I'll see how it goes but I might end up returning it and buying the over-the-door type.

The other equipment that I've found you need are dumbbells or resistance bands. I already have a set of dumbbells so I'm set there. The only problem is that they are the kind that you have to change the weights by releasing the safety clamp, taking off the weight, adding new weight, putting the safety clamp back on... and it just takes forever to switch weights. I really wish I could afford these awesome and easy dumbbells.

Hopefully, P90X will arrive tomorrow. Stay tuned cause the fun is just beginning!

No comments: