Follow me as I give you daily P90X reviews and a P90X diary. I will give you lots of insight into P90X, P90X schedule, interesting tips and facts while exercising, and lots of good information about the workouts, nutrition, and much more! My P90X reviews and diary shows my progress as Tony Horton tries to kick me into shape!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Day 2: Plyometrics

Day 2/90 | 2% Complete

For those of you who don't know what plyometrics is, this is the "mother of all workouts" as Tony Horton calls it. This is the "X" in P90X. Plyometrics is jump-training. There are lots of intense, explosive moves. This entire workout lasts about an hour and at the end of the workout, I felt like I had just run a marathon. As usual, Tony broke down the moves for me and best of all kept me motivated and intense throughout the workout. Not only is he funny and interesting as you are working out, but he keeps you in the game the entire time! I've always been a pretty athletic guy, playing lots of sports and activities, and I can tell that this workout would probably do wonders for you if you are an athlete.


Day 2 was a success! I finished the workout with a Protein Shake which I made following the recipe from the Nutriton Guide, but I will go in more depth with my nutrition and exactly what I'm eating in a later post dedicated to it.

2 comments:

Nicholas Davaul said...

Hey Sam. Congrats on your journey through P90X. The first week (of anything) is bascially HELL WEEK. If you can make it through the first week, you can make it through the other 12.

My first time through Plyo, my goal was not to finish, but not to throw up. hahaha.

Keep pushing play, throwing up some stats/photos.

Oh yeah, if you haven't yet gotten the recovery drink. YOU SHOULD!! It makes a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!!

Good Luck and keep us posted.

-Nick
http://nick90x.blogspot.com

Sam said...

Thanks Nick. I see you're 2/3 through your P90X. Good job!

I haven't yet gotten the recovery drink but I am thinking about it. I do, however, have Whey Protein that I use throughout the day.

Thanks for the feedback... every little bit helps!