Follow me as I give you daily P90X reviews and a P90X diary. I will give you lots of insight into P90X, P90X schedule, interesting tips and facts while exercising, and lots of good information about the workouts, nutrition, and much more! My P90X reviews and diary shows my progress as Tony Horton tries to kick me into shape!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My P90X Fascination and Review

Hi! Welcome to the first entry of my P90X experience. For those of you who don't know what P90X is, it is an intense set of workout videos which alleges to transform your body in 90 days. You can get to the P90X website here. Let me begin with how I discovered P90X and became enthralled by it. I was on a trip in Boston and one night I was watching TV late at night. I happened to come across an informercial (surprise that there was one on during late night TV!) which showed lots of in-shape men and women showing their transformations with before and after pictures. I've seen informercials like this many times, but this one was very different. It wasn't a get-fit-quick scheme or lose weight overnight pill, but instead showed people doing high energy, intense, and extreme workouts. The informercial was for a product called P90X. I became intrigued and over the next couple of weeks did some research on it. This was certainly not your average training videos. All the reviews I read sounded positive about the workout. The only negative thing I could find about it was that many people just did not go through the entire full 90 days of training.

Here's a bit of my background. I've been an off-again, on-again user of a gym, typically doing weight training and some aerobic exercises. However, I haven't been to the gym in about 4 months so I'm starting off this routine as just an intermediate-level trainer. I've decided to cancel my gym membership and buy these DVD's instead. Considering the price is $120 plus shipping and handling, this was not a minor purchase.

I want to make the most of this purchase and I want to keep all of you readers in the loop of how it goes along the way. Whether you've already purchased it yourself and like to read about another user of the system, thinking about purchasing it and want to see what I've gone through, or just interested in what you're reading, then I hope I will keep you interested to learn how my experience goes throughout the 90 days with P90X.

My only goal right now is to get through all 90 days!!

No comments: