Follow me as I give you daily P90X reviews and a P90X diary. I will give you lots of insight into P90X, P90X schedule, interesting tips and facts while exercising, and lots of good information about the workouts, nutrition, and much more! My P90X reviews and diary shows my progress as Tony Horton tries to kick me into shape!

Monday, December 10, 2007

Week 3 Begins

Day 15/90 | 16%

Week 3 has just begun! I can't believe two weeks have already gone by. My weight and body fat have stayed the same. I'm not sure if that's good or bad because I'm not looking to lose much weight, but I am looking to lose body fat. This may be due to the fact that during the weekends I don't pay as strict attention to my diet as I do during the week. Also, it's only been two weeks and I can't expect results too quickly. And also, during this first phase I am looking to bulk up more than losing anything. Next week I'm taking a vacation to Jamaica so I hope I'll be able to continue doing the workout and especially continue doing the diet for the majority of the trip. But, I'm sure there will be my share of adult beverages since it is all-inclusive! Not sure if I should be happy about that or not with my P90X kick going on now. I think my hardest part will be getting enough protein. Luckily, next week is week 4 and it will be my recovery week so I won't need any weights or bars. I will bring the P90X guide along with me so I can do the exercises without the video since there probably won't be a DVD player in the room. If I can't stick to the exercises each day, then I will at least go for a run outside every single day... That, I promise you and myself. Has anyone gone on a vacation while on P90X? How hard is it? Any thing I should prep myself for?

I pushed today's chest and back workout to the max and did as much as I could. The pullups are still very hard for me but I am seeing some improvement. I hope I will be able to do a good number of unassisted reps for all the pull-up exercises before going to the chair, especially on the second set. For all the exercises involving weights, I have slowly stepped up the weight each time if I could perform 10 or more reps using that weight. I have made a good effort of lifting a good amount without overlifting. My new Bowflex SelectTech dumbbells are the absolute best and I recommend anyone looking at new dumbbells to get them.

After the Chest and Back, it was time for Ab Ripper X... killer, as usual... 'nuf said.

Although getting 50% of my calories in protein is definitely tough for me, that will be one of my big goals for this week. And, keep bringing it hard this entire week!

No comments: