Follow me as I give you daily P90X reviews and a P90X diary. I will give you lots of insight into P90X, P90X schedule, interesting tips and facts while exercising, and lots of good information about the workouts, nutrition, and much more! My P90X reviews and diary shows my progress as Tony Horton tries to kick me into shape!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

P90X While On Vacation

There's a reason I haven't put a post up in a while. I've been on vacation in Jamaica for the past 6 days. While the trip was fun, I worried about keeping up with my P90X workout and nutrition schedule. I didn't have a DVD player or any equipment with me. Luckily, I am on week 4 of P90X which means that it is a recovery week. I know this doesn't mean do nothing all week. Actually, you are still working out extremely hard each and every day. You just aren't doing the specific body workouts like chest, shoulders, arms, back, legs, and abs.

I had decided before I left for my vacation that I would try my hardest to continue to workout in some way. I was going to stop the P90X schedule for this week and instead workout in other ways such as running. Therefore, I ran hard several times throughout my vacation. It wasn't a complete workout like I would have had with P90X but I at least did something to keep my body in tune so it didn't fall completely apart during this week. It's very important not to lose the muscle gained and the weight lost during your first phase of P90X.

P90X was on my mind during each meal and each day. I ate as much protein as I could and tried to cut down on some carbs and fat although this was extremely difficult for me. It's important that while you are on vacation, and in the middle of your P90X workout, not to throw everything out the window. Do what you can while you are away since it is now your lifestyle. And then when you return, get right back into the P90X workouts! I can't wait to start Phase II on Monday and continue seeing improvement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Sam,
How's it going? Have you made it through all 90 days. I'm thinking about getting P90X. Has it been worth it for you?

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing that you are in your fourth week while you are in a vacation. Luckily, you didn't missed anything.