Follow me as I give you daily P90X reviews and a P90X diary. I will give you lots of insight into P90X, P90X schedule, interesting tips and facts while exercising, and lots of good information about the workouts, nutrition, and much more! My P90X reviews and diary shows my progress as Tony Horton tries to kick me into shape!

Friday, December 7, 2007

Day 12: Keep Pushing It

Day 12/90 | 13% Complete

It's Friday, today was Legs and Back, and week 2 is almost over! Here are my thoughts about this week. I felt like it was much harder than the first week in some ways. Once I got over the hump in performing some of the exercises from last week, this week was a real burner. I pushed it much harder this second week and felt the burn much longer. I haven't been as sore the day following the exercises which is good and means my muscles are getting used to being worked now. The Ab Ripper X from today was extremely tough as usual. I can get through more of the initial exercises with them but start needing breaks as soon as I get halfway through the Crunchy Frog. For those of you that couldn't get through Ab Ripper X at the beginning of your P90X training, is anyone able to get through it at the end of your training? It just seems impossible to me! I'll keep bringing it though because I do feel like I'm getting stronger.

Nutrition has been a little hard to keep up with since I have to make every meal now and make them as healthy as possible. The Nutrition Guide is so awesome and helpful in putting together meals, but lately I haven't had time to make lunch to bring to work. I still eat what I am supposed to be eating in terms of about 2400 calories a day and 50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fats (with little saturated fat if possible.)

I'm excited for Kenpo X tomorrow. By biggest accomplishment that P90X has given me so far is that I'm actually waking up early and working out in the morning which I have never been able to do in my entire life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't know if you read this anymore cuz it's an old post - but:
Ab Ripper X. Yes, I could do the whole thing with no breaks (including the bonus in Mason Twist!) by the end of 90 days (actually, before then). BUT then I took a month off (holiday), and started over... and it was really hard again! But already I feel it coming back. So there ya go...