Follow me as I give you daily P90X reviews and a P90X diary. I will give you lots of insight into P90X, P90X schedule, interesting tips and facts while exercising, and lots of good information about the workouts, nutrition, and much more! My P90X reviews and diary shows my progress as Tony Horton tries to kick me into shape!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Chapter 2: Week 2 Begins!

Chapter 2: Day 8/90

I just finished Chest and Back for week 2 and man-oh-manischewitz! It is a great workout! You will certainly be feeling soreness in your pecs, lats, and all over your upper body... and that is a very good thing. I told you last post I would give you a sense of how I have changed my workout and routine a little bit for Chapter 2 of my workout.

Since Chapter 1 didn't go quite as planned and I didn't get through all 90 days, I hope some of my changes will help me this time around. First, I am not going to kill myself during phase 1 (weeks 1-4) of the workout. I will, however, work very hard, but if I can't keep up with Tony and the crew the entire time, I will take short breaks. I don't want to burn myself out and just think how difficult the workout is. Instead, I want to feel really good at the end of the workout and the next week wanting to do it again!

Second, I won't be doing it for 90 days straight. That is tough and also burned me out quite quickly. If I need a break in between because of extra soreness or I just don't feel like doing it one day, I will take that needed day off. Don't feel like you have to kill yourself every single day cause if you do, it might not be as much fun. If you can do it every day though, that's awesome! Good for you!

Third, I might occasionally be swapping other types of exercises which I routinely perform in my lifestyle into my workout. For example, I try to play basketball a couple days a week. I might do several things to work basketball in with P90X. For example, instead of plyometrics one day, I might play basketball. Or, I might play basketball and skip P90X that day and continue where I left off with P90X the next day. Or, I might do both the same day! This gives me lots of flexibility and, again, will hopefully keep me flexible enough where I won't burn out or get sick of doing P90X every single day.

Fourth and finally is nutrition. The first time around I followed the nutrition to a tee. I definitely watch what I eat and try to eat healthy every day so I am actually not following a nutrition guide this time around. It was fun following it the first time around and making their recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner... but it took a lot of time. This time around I will just trust my own intuition and health-conscious mind, and take it from there. Clearly, that means no Big Macs every day!

So, those have been my changes from Chapter 1 so far around. I'm feeling great! And starting to look even better!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Sam! Great blog, found your site while researching P90X. How long do you say the workouts really take from the second you get started to when you are done? I am thinking of working out at night since I leave for work at 7am, so I would probably have to get up at 5:30am (not gonna happen).

Also I am a somewhat athletic guy and work out occasionally, I have my own dumbbell set, bench, medicine ball, etc. but am still worried that P90X might be out of my league. What do you think? I've heard about the power 90 instead which is a weaker version.

Thanks for any input you have, if you could e-mail me your response that would be great, I don't check my blogger dashboard that much. Dolfandad@gmail.com